This crowd-pleasing dip is super popular with everyone – perfect for a small gathering, game day finger food or a hearty appetizer.
Breadbowl Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 panella or round sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1-14 ounce can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 8 ounces of room temperature cream cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream or 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of Locatelli Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil garlic and red pepper for about 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant.
- 2. Stir in spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, half of the mozzarella, Parmesan, and Locatelli cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- 3. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove the top of the bread, with a sharp knife, cut around the inside of the bread, careful not to pierce through the sides, and scoop out the center.
- 5. Cut the scooped out bread into cubes and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Mist or drizzle the cube bread pieces with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 6. If you choose, you may slice into the edges of the bread bowl cutting all the way through the bottom leaving about 1 inch of space between each. Place onto a baking sheet.
- 7. Spoon in the spinach artichoke mixture into the hollowed-out bread and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella along the edges of the top of the filled bread bowl.
- 8. Place the sliced top back onto the bowl and bake both the filled bowl and bread cubes for 15-20 minutes. You may broil to the bowl for a couple of minutes at the end to crisp the cheese. Serve and enjoy!