1. Melt the butter in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter is foaming and brownish, add the carrots, followed by the salt and stir until the liquid from the carrots evaporates and they begin to brown around the edges, about 6-7 minutes.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the bourbon, while stirring. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the alcohol has almost evaporated.
3. Add the brown sugar and stir until the carrots are almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the cranberries, syrup and honey, stir to combine and let simmer for another 1-2 minutes, careful not to overcook the carrots.
4. When the carrots are nearly tender, raise the heat to medium-high so the glaze thickens, about 30 seconds.
5. Season with cayenne pepper and ground black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl or dish and garnish with fresh tyme.