A timeless, simple and delicious Napoletana recipe made with pantry-staples!
- 1 cup oil-cured black olives
- 3 tbsp capers
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 lb linguine or other long pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 4 anchovy filets in oil
- 1 28 ounce can of whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley and/or basil for garnish
- In a large bowl, drain the tomatoes and crush them with hands or crusher and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a skillet and brown the garlic and anchovies over low to medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet with some salt and pepper.
- Raise the flame to medium and let it sauté, while stirring, for about 10 minutes. Then stir in the olives, capers and red pepper flakes.
- Lower it to simmer.Cook the pasta al dente in salted water. Drain it and toss the linguine in the skillet with one tablespoon of olive oil. Taste it and add salt if needed (it is already salted due to the capers and anchovies so you may not need any).
- Garnish with parsley and/or basil.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @haveucoveredinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #haveucoveredinthekitchen.