Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter or vegetable spread
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of blueberry balsamic (I used Saratoga Olive Oil Company’s)
- 1/2 cup of milk (2% or whole)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together the melted butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs in a large bowl followed by the flour, baking powder and salt. Then star into the egg mixture the milk while whisking. Fold in the nuts lemon zest and blueberries last.
- Transfer all ingredients to a greased loaf pan approximately 8 x 4”.
- Bake at 350 for about 60 mins until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients until completely smooth and drizzle over the warm loaf. Let it cool completely.
3/4 cup of confectioners sugar
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @haveucoveredinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #haveucoveredinthekitchen.