Butternut Squash Pasta with Butter and Sage
- 1 lb Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 1 large Butternut Squash
- 5 Sage Leaves1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 large Shallot4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- SOOC Butternut Squash Seed Oil (3 tsp for Squash + 3 Tbsp for stock mixture)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Shaved Parmesan CheeseParsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cube the butternut squash into 1/2” cubes, removing all seeds and skin. Coat a large cookie sheet with Butternut Squash Seed Oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cinnamon. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the squash is soft. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice the shallot and saute in a braising pan with butter until soft. Add the Butternut Squash Seed Oil, chicken or vegetable stock, Pecorino cheese, salt and pepper and sage leaves, over a low heat. Add the cooked squash to the mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Boil the pasta until al dente. Reserve approximately 1 cup of the salted pasta water before draining the pasta.
- After draining, combine pasta and reserved water into the braising pan and gently mix everything together.
- In a small frying pan, heat one tablespoon of Butternut Squash Seed Oil and gently toast the seasoned breadcrumbs, to sprinkle on top of each serving of pasta.
- Garnish each serving with additional shaved Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @haveucoveredinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #haveucoveredinthekitchen.